The Woodpile

Ruminations on the Modern Lives of Grizzly Bears and the Adirondack Gopher

4.27.2006

Wes Anderson on AMEX

I'm sure you're well aware by now of the American Express advertising campaign "My Life. My Card." that has featured celebrities like Robert DeNiro, Kate Winslett, Ellen Degeneres, and M. Night Shyamalan. I've always thought that these were pretty cool ads, especially the DeNiro version where he talks all about New York (this one was directed by Martin Scorcese, by the way).

Now my favorite director, Wes Anderson (director of "Bottle Rocket", "Rushmore", "The Royal Tenenbaums", and "The Life Aquatic"), has his own "My Life. My Card." ad. You can watch it here. Like a lot of his films, it's incredibly detailed and deserves repeat viewings to catch some of the jokes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home