The Woodpile

Ruminations on the Modern Lives of Grizzly Bears and the Adirondack Gopher

5.10.2006

Face Shield

I've broken three pairs of RayBans now, and I've lost God knows how many Oakleys and other retarded eyewear. I actually liked some of those sunglasses, but it's getting hard to keep up with my expensive habit of buying and then destroying them. Instead of going in for a rectal cleansing at Sunglass Hut, I decided to do the hipster/bum thing and look for a very cheap pair or two.

I went to vintage stores, drug stores, and even sunglasses stores, trying to see what I could find. Let me now remind you that my head is the size of a heavy medicine ball, and I have trouble wrapping most pairs around it. So not only am I an over-sized man in general, but I have to suffer with the pain of clerks at Sunglass Hut relegating me to the Andre the Giant rack which features lots of plywood and plexi-glass. "Why don't we give this welding mask a try?"

Anyway, I ended up with two pairs (or is it 'two pair', as in poker?): boring fake aviators with mirrored lenses that are still too small and a pair of enormous fake aviators with tortoise-colored plastic rims. Apparently I was meant to be a pilot.

Total cost: $19. Lack of satisfaction: priceless.

The search continues. I challenge anyone to recommend a good brand of sunglasses that fit big heads and aren't BlueBlockers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home